Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 2

November 19, 2007-- Linden was 2 days post op from her open heart surgery. My baby is amazing. Her doctors are amazing. Modern medicine is AMAZING. God is good.

I cannot believe that it's been six months since we were at Children's Hospital thousands of miles from home waiting for my sweet girl to come out of surgery. Day 2 was actually a good day. She was extubated and I got to nurse her for the first time after her operation. I remember how swollen she was and how hoarse her cries were, but she smelled so sweet and her tiny fingers curled around mine. I cradled her and rocked her for hours so thankful that she was going to be all right. I was so thankful that she was going to be healthy and I was dreaming of what kind of girl she'll be. I felt an actual bond forming on that day. Before then, I was so scared to lose her that I didn't feel such a strong connection with her, but on Day 2, I did.

This is right before I got to nurse her.
Photobucket

After she nursed. Look at how content she is here.
Photobucket

How tiny that sweet hand was. I took this because that is the approximate size of her heart. Isn't that crazy how they could fix something so small?!?!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment