Tuesday, December 1, 2009

$19,935

Well, so far, I have raised $65 for Reece's Rainbow. I still need $19,935 to meet my goal. I'm hopeful that God will send the right people to my blog so that we can make the goal by Christmas. I have some other ideas for fundraising and the ONLY reason why some of hasn't been done yet is because my computer at home is SOOOO slllooooow.

I have these things in mind.

I offered to wrap Christmas gifts for family members and friends for a $25 donation to RR.
I'm having a garage sale at my house every Saturday in December.
I'm currently making a web page where I'll be selling a ton of stuff. (online garage sale)
For the locals, my mom and I are buying a Crawfish table and raffling it off for $1 a ticket.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the kiddos that I'm raising the money for. I'm hoping to put half of whatever we make in each of their grant funds.

This is Shea. She has Down syndrome and the same heart defect that Linden has, AV canal defect. Linden's defect was corrected at 11 weeks old and Shea will 4 in January. It is extremely important that Shea gets adopted quickly as she's facing the institution. Once she gets in there, there's no way around it, she won't live very long. This precious girl longs for a family to love her. Isn't she beautiful?
Photobucket

A few months back, I was drawn to this beautiful girl, Anastasia, who just looks like she will make a wonderful daughter. When I sent the money that we made at Linden's birthday party for RR, it was applied to Anastasia without me asking for it to be! Amazing. I would LOVE to take this little girl as my own, but right now I'm just praying that she find a family. She has Down syndrome, too, is already 4.5 and hasn't been transferred to the institution, yet. She's been blessed so far, but it's only a matter of time. I pray that she finds a family soon [and secretly (or not so secretly...it depends on who you ask!) pray that it's us...shhh!] Doesn't she look like an older version of Linden?
Photobucket

Maxim is a precious little boy who has Pierre Robin syndrome. He's almost 4 and is risking institutionalization as well. What a sweet, sweet face this little boy has. I just loved that collared shirt. He looks like he's saying "I'll love you forever."
Photobucket


While your donations are VERY important, your prayers are just as important! Please keep these little guys as well as the Reece's Rainbow ministry in your daily prayers.

Thanks,

Bianca

1 comment:

  1. About the shhhhhhed secret: OMGosh, are you serious? You need to give me details. Have you contacted RR yet? Wouldn't it be awesome if we went at the same time to the same country?

    <3,
    Holly Fedele

    ReplyDelete